The Martial Arts Kid is a delightful film in which I play a villainess, Nika, the girlfriend of the main villain played by T. J. Storm. This movie, spearheaded by producer James Wilson, has been winning award after award on the festival circuit. In addition to the martial arts, it’s got a wonderful anti-bullying message. The cast and crew has become like a second family. This family film became a family affair for me too because Martin Blasick wrote a song for it, Breaking Away, which plays in a big montage. Personally, I think it’s the best song ever Special thank you to our director Michael Baumgarten for writing me such a great part.
I’m thrilled that Cinderella – Playing With Dolls has been released in Europe. It’s very exciting for me. I’ve acted in several movies that have never been released, so it’s ‘yea!’ from my side! It’s in multiple formats including blu ray and blu ray 3D. I don’t even know how they made it 3D but that’s very cool to me
Playing With Dolls was shot in and around Lassen Volcanic National Park near Redding, California. I got to see one of the world’s very beautiful places. This was no cushy shoot. All involved endured hardships. Here’s some random memories of the process:
- One night, staying at a Super 8 motel we awoke to someone beating on our door yelling “Get out! Get out!”. It was an evacuation for a gas leak. It turned out there was no gas leak but nonetheless we had no place to stay. We drove to a different city just because we didn’t know what else to do in the middle of the night.
- Driving to lunch one day we were treated to a hailstorm that was so strong we couldn’t see the road. I don’t believe the car we were driving in was so durable. I was so scared I wanted to climb into the back seat, as if that would have helped.
- Seeing wildlife was something I had only experienced on television or at the zoo. I scratched that itch of seeing big animals in the wild. I’d heard friends’ stories about bears in the wild and not wanting to be between a mama bear and her cub. Well, we drove unexpectedly upon a mama bear and her cub crossing the road. She stood up and roared at us. Oh yes, I was scared. And excited. It was a bear! I didn’t know a bear could be so light on its feet. After the baby crossed the road, the mama bear jumped into a tree scrambling up faster than I could have imagined. She was really agile. And I saw lots of deer wandering around. They are very pretty with beautiful eyes.
- Trying to be an extra good girl I sprained my ankle jogging. I’d wanted to be in great shape for the movie. But, instead I ended up on the shoot running through the snow with a swollen, painful tootsie. The famous treatment for a sprain is R.I.C.E – rest, ice, compression, elevation. I was icing by being in the snow. And, if you think about it, up on the mountain we were at a high elevation. Many thanks to actor/producer David Lockheart for moving production days around my healing foot as best he could.
- There was a blood moon during one of our forest shoots. It was beautiful. But actor Charlie Glackin totally pranked us by shooting pictures of it with a filter and convincing us there was an angelic presence among us; every picture of us had an angelic light. It was just a filter but we were totally pranked.
- For this shoot I had my own special drink. It was a green tea latte with half coconut milk and half non-fat milk. I hadn’t had it before and haven’t had it since Playing With Dolls. It was such a rough shoot, this was my feel good drink, my escape to a beautiful life where nobody was chasing me with a knife.
- Most importantly I made some really good friends. I learned a lot – a whole lot – about the folks I worked with. And this I will treasure forever.
Seeing the box cover made me really happy, and I really want to share my joy with everyone.
One my passions is designing dresses. I started doing this as a child, making clothes for my friend and for myself. I’d always make them out of my parents clothes. I don’t think they were very happy about that part.
I’m really happy to create my own dresses. It’s a pleasure to go out in something I know I made from my own vision. When you shop, one is limited by price and availability. When designing, there only limit is imagination. You express who you are, who you wish to be, or who you are at this moment. It’s very personal, a way to show the world how you envision yourself. It’s the manifestation of what inspires you.
Sheena Metal‘s Celebrates 20 Years in Radio with a Live Talk Show at the Hollywood Improv!! It was so much fun much fun hearing Sheena’s radio show performed live in front of an audience (that’s me) and to see & hear her legendary guests. Sheena is witty, smart funny, and has a beautiful energy. Great seeing friends, Sheena Metal, Patti Negri, Sunhee Park, Chinhee Park, Ashlei Yatron, Suzanne Grace, & Ashley. Photos by Bob Delgadillo & Martin Blasick.
This is the main title song from my upcoming movie sexwithghosts. It’s very exciting for me as I am really involved as a producer as well as an actress. And, it’s so much fun making music. Martin Blasick and I have formed a little musical side project called Wtch & Wzrd for this song. I loved recording my vocals. I am so excited about this project. Did I mention how excited I am? Yay!!! More to come….
Thank you to Judge Minion for this collage made from behind the scene photos from my recent book cover photo shoot. It’s inspired me to create a Fan Art page. It really means a lot that someone would take time out to create art from my images
I’m glad to announce a screening of my upcoming horror movie at the Blood & Babes Comic Con in Long Island, NY Sept 12-14, 2014. I’ll also be on hand signing autographs, making new friends and maybe putting on a live performance. Details are swirling around. Mostly it’s exciting to be producing my own feature, along with Martin Blasick, and sharing it with people who might love a good poltergeist story.
The Heidi And Frank Show mentioned me today on their morning radio of KLOS 95.5 in Los Angeles. I wouldn’t have known about if a friend hadn’t sent an email about it to me. They did a twenty minute segment on ghost sex. It was a fun, light bit.
The whole 21 minute segment is available to listen to by CLICKING HERE